Here's a checklist of good practices to safely navigate the web3, crypto, and blockchain world:
1. Secure your accounts:
- Keep control of apps and smart contracts with access to your wallet
- Use long and complex passwords
- Never reuse passwords
- Use a password manager
- Enable two-factor authentication (2FA) wherever possible.
- Please don't use public or shared devices to access your accounts.
2. Use reputable platforms:
- Stick to well-known and reputable web3, crypto, and blockchain platforms and exchanges.
- Be cautious about unregulated or unknown platforms that may be prone to hacks or scams.
3. Keep your Wallet safe:
- Your private keys and Mnemonic Phrases are the only way to access your crypto assets, so safeguard them at all times and Never EVER share your seed phrase
- Invest in a hardware wallet
- Diversify your wallets
4. Be cautious with email, social media and the web:
- Beware of phishing scams that attempt to steal your login credentials or private keys.
- Avoid clicking on suspicious links or downloading attachments from unknown sources.
- Exercise caution when dealing with unsolicited offers and messages on social media platforms.
- Never download files sent from strangers
- Be wary of social media direct messages
- Remove unnecessary Chrome extensions
- Don’t respond to unsolicited DMs
5. Stay up-to-date on security news:
- Keep informed about the latest security threats and trends in the web3, crypto, and blockchain world.
- Follow reputable news sources and security experts on social media to stay informed.
- Do your research
6. Avoid public Wi-Fi:
- Public Wi-Fi is not secure and could be intercepted by hackers.
- Avoid using public Wi-Fi when accessing web3, crypto, or blockchain platforms to protect your data.
7. Don't reveal any personal information:
- Exercise restraint when sharing personal information online to prevent potential targeting by hackers or scammers.
8. Use a VPN:
- Consider using a virtual private network (VPN) to encrypt your internet connection and enhance your privacy when accessing web3, crypto, or blockchain platforms
Users can lose their NFTs and Cryptos in case hackers steal their passwords or seed phrases.